Saturday, June 03, 2006

Author: DAVID BARRY


Author’s website address: www.carelesstalksoap.btinternet.co.uk

Published books by the Author: Each Man Kills (Gomer ) and Flashback (Authorsonline)

Books in Process: Muscle

Welcome, David.

Interview:

1. When and why did you begin writing?
In 1970, I wrote my first television script, broadcast the same year, because I was working in a situation comedy as an actor.

2. What inspired you to write your first book?
I’ve always enjoyed the thriller genre, and decided my first book would be a police thriller located in Swansea and west Wales, involving Celtic mysticism.

3. How did you approach writing your first book?
I researched police methods first, and I also heard of a mysterious motiveless murder in west Wales, and became fascinated in solving the mystery fictionally.

4. Who or what influenced your writing?
I read so much there have been a vast amount of influences, everyone from John Steinbeck and Kurt Vonnegut to P.G Wodehouse and Jerome K Jerome.

5. Why do you continue to write?
I enjoy it. If I don’t write I start to feel something’s wrong with life.

6. What do you hope to accomplish through your writing?
I’m quite satisfied if I entertain readers.

7. What has been your experience as a published writer?
Shared experiences with other writers.

8. How do you promote your book(s)?
Radio interviews, press releases and mailouts.

9. What advice would you like to share with other writers?
Find a voice, and try to discover a market that will listen to that voice.

Thank you, David, and it was a pleasure reading your book.

Interviewer: Kaye Trout - June 3, 2006 - Copyright