Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Author: ANNE-MARIE M. POP

Author’s website address: http://www.neo-hippy.com

Books in Print: Young Female, Traveling Alone

Books in Process: don’t have a title yet

Welcome Anne-Marie,

1. When and why did you begin writing?
I only began writing about two years ago when I got back from my long travels in Asia. I decided my trip was something I should write about to tell the whole world what I have seen and learnt.

2. What inspired you to write your first book?
My travels of 7 months in Asia.

3. How did you approach writing your first book?
I wrote my first book like a travel journey, even though the story it is partially fiction.

4. Who or what influenced your writing?
I think there are many great authors out there who influenced my writing, but I will mention a couple: Cleo Odzer, Alex Garland and Sarah Macdonald.

5. Why do you continue to write?
I enjoyed writing my first book so I thought I should write another one. Plus, I got good feedback on my first book, so I might as well try to do better next time.

6. What do you hope to accomplish through your writing?
My goals are to become a good writer. I would like to be able to play with words in the most artistic way to achieve credibility as an author.

7. What has been your experience as a published writer?
I have self-published my first book "Young Female, Traveling Alone." I found it hard to promote a self-published book. Not everybody gives you credibility as a self-publish author.

8. How do you promote your book(s)?
I send the book for reviews and I have a website that promotes my book.

9. What advice would you like to share with other writers?
If you want to succeed, you have to write something good. Once you have something of quality, then just believe in your work and make as much publicity as you can.

10. Any other comments you would like to add?
Thank you for interviewing me.

Thank you for your time, Anne-Marie.

Interviewer: Kaye Trout - July 12, 2006 - Copyright