Friday, March 17, 2006

Author: EDWARD ARNOLD

Author: Edward Arnold
Author’s website address: N/A

Published books by the Author: 2012-Year of the Apocalypse
Books in Process: Puppet Masters

Interview:
1. When and why did you begin writing?
About 10 years ago, I was working in a film, and during a lunch break I spoke with the director, he asked about my "day job", a Private Investigator, and if I had any real serious cases. When I told him about one, he said I should write about it. I knew absolutely nothing about writing screenplays. But over a period of years I learned, and began to try my hand at it. I have written 4 screenplays, all of different genres.

2. What inspired you to write your first book?
That’s a difficult question to answer. I have traveled all over the world and learned how people everywhere are controlled by Dictators, Government officials, Social standings, and perhaps the worst of all, Religion. A Dictator can be assassinated or removed from his pedestal of control by force. Government officials can be replaced if the people finally admit they are not living up to their promises. But the religious hierarchy is in an untouchable position; they can keep the people under control by brainwashing them at a very young age. Those under their control will never be aware what happened and will follow the church leaders until the day they die… In my book, I wanted to stress that I believe all people should be free to accept or reject religious theory.

3. How did you approach writing your first book?
I had no plan, no outline, just thoughts. I began writing and allowed it to flow from deep inside of me and into print.

4. Who or what influenced your writing?
Stephen King. Like me, he appears to be an ordinary guy writing from his heart; it also seems he has a vivid imagination and could care less what anyone thinks of his work.

5. Why do you continue to write?
Because I still have a lot of stories to tell.

6. What do you hope to accomplish through your writing?
To get all of the stories that are in my mind out onto paper. Each story I write makes way for another, it’s like a cleansing of the mind, and after one story is told, another is created.

7. What has been your experience as a published writer?
I’ve had a lot of good input, and it does feel good to see your story in print. I’m not egotistical a bit, getting a book published doesn’t make my chest swell, nor do I care if I am ever recognized. That’s why I didn’t have my picture placed on my book… It is just personal satisfaction.

8. How do you promote your book(s)?
It just came out and I’ve just began promoting it.

9. What advice would you like to share with other writers?
What you can conceive, you can achieve… Just do it!

10. Any other comments you would like to add?
A writer is a writer until they have a book published, then they are an Author.


Interviewer: Kaye Trout - March 2006 - Copyright